There will be no classes at Hawaiian Kajukenbo Association on Monday, September 2, 2013 in observance of Labor Day. Have a safe and happy holiday!
HKA members formed a team and participated in the Spartan race on August 17, 2013. The Spartan Race website says, "Simply, Spartan Race is the world’s leading obstacle race series. It’s an event of pure primitive craziness that you’ll never forget!...designed to test your resilience, strength, stamina, quick decision making skills, and ability to laugh in the face of adversity...our unique obstacle course trail races will demand every ounce of your strength, ingenuity, and animal instinct." Congratulations to team HKA! See "Spartan Race 2013" gallery in the student section for more photos (current HKA students only).
1. Check the Website: www.hawaiiankajukenbo.com will always have the latest class information, news, and schedule changes. It is your most complete source of HKA information.
2. Follow us on Twitter: We will tweet any scheduling changes and reminders.
3. Like us on Facebook. We will list news and updates there.
4. Subscribe to our "News" page. This will deliver any updates to this page directly to your email inbox.
5. Subscribe to Text Notifications. We will text any scheduling changes and reminders. We will try to keep this one to a minimum and reserve it mainly for "must know" info. To subscribe simply text @hawaiia to (302) 250-4370. Click here if you are still confused. Keep in mind that although the service is free, standard messaging rates apply. If you have other questions about this service, you can go to the provider's website at: http://help.remind101.com/kb
We've added another way to stay in touch....text messaging! You can now receive class scheduling updates and vital news via text messaging. Simply text the message "@hawaiia" (without the quotes!) to (302) 250-4370. There is no fee for this service but standard text messaging rates from your service provider will apply. Click here for a graphic on how to do this.
UPDATE 8/1/2013: This is just a friendly reminder concerning the upcoming Seminar with Kancho Nobuaki Kanazawa of Shotokan Karate-do International Federation (SKIF) happening at the Manoa Recreational Center on Saturday, August 31st from 0900 until 1430. There will be a lunch break in-between two 2 hour training sessions with him. We look forward to seeing you all there and thank you for your support! If you have any questions feel free to contact us at email@example.com or 808.561.7566
Stay up to date via email subscription! Receive HKA news (this page!) via email by entering your email address in the form to the right or by clicking here.
The Mililani Town Association (MTA) has closed the recreation center due to the approaching storm. Therefore, classes are cancelled for Monday, July 29, 2013.
Additional Storm Information can be found here:
When: July 20, 2013 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Where: Kalani High School 4680 Kalanianaole Highway, Honolulu
What: Lua Martial Art Seminar
Who: Solomon Kaihewalu
Cost: Pre-registration (by July 6): $25, Registration at Seminar: $35, Spectators $5
Contact: Ramsay Taum, firstname.lastname@example.org
Open to all styles + Martial Arts Schools.
Simu recently found this picture of Simu (right) and Sifu Erika (left) with Sijo Adriano Emperado-- Founder of Kajukenbo, in Las Vegas.